Popular Posts

Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 37

I dare you to believe in yourself.

I was having a hard time coming up with a dare today but as soon as I started typing, this one came to me.
So many people, especially women, tend to have very low self esteem and or self confidence.
I am not exempt from this category, all though I am pretty good at putting on a front.
I have a hard time believing that I have anything going for me a lot of the time. I look at other women and I compare myself to them constantly. Whether it is looks or body or achievements. I constantly think about what I could do to change who I am.
In reality though, as much as there is about me that I would love to change, there are things that I like and I realize that those other women dont have what I have.
I would love to have the bodies of some of the other women, and some day I will. Unfortunately due to medication that I took when I was younger, it is harder for me to change my body image than I would like it to be.
However, all the physical things aside, I am a very loving and caring person. I try my hardest to put other people before me. I love to take care of people. Making other people happy makes me happy.

I realize I can not point my fingers at any one because I am the exact same way, I am aware that there is an issue. Being able to love yourself is hard. But if you want anyone to love you and believe in you for who you are, you have to learn to love and believe in yourself first.

1 comment:

  1. I believe in you, Smem! I know you've been through some down times, but I also know how tough you are and that you'll get past those. I'm your biggest fan and I AM CHEERING FOR YOU - ALWAYS!!! XO...

    ReplyDelete