Popular Posts

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 6

I dare you to be the light.

I am actually aware of how cheesy this sounds. But some song lyrics kind of inspired me. The line says " so hold up your light and shine. All I want to see is a sky full of lighters." I think that is something for us all. Not just being bright and shiny and happy all the time but being a positive effect on someone else.
Its a proven fact that if you are walking down the street and smile at someone that they will pass it on.
I try to be a happy person. Especially with people I don't know or barely know. I just don't see the point in being the downer.
One of my favorite things about working in retail is being super friendly and out going. That way when people leave they are talking about how strange it was to have such a happy human help them. And yes... Sometimes it is hard to do but its totally worth it in the long run.

What will you do?

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a paraphase of a quote from Gandhi that says "Be the change you want to see in the world." Wise words. Being a light can in fact create change. Keep it up, Em!

    ReplyDelete