Popular Posts

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 14

I dare you to be unique.

As I sit at work day in and day out I see a lot of people. Of all ages and sizes and ethnicities.  The thing that is so strange is that as a majority they are all striving to be something that everyone else is. Yet when someone comes along who is completely different then the rest, we notice because they stick out. But what if we were all 100% different from each other? Embracing our own personal opinions and beliefs and not listening to anyone else. You wouldn't notice it. It would just be "normal" . So why is normal So plastic? Who figures out what is normal or not?
Today I am going to start being just a little bit more unique. Nothing drastic. Just not exactly the same.

What will you do?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Em. I want to be "neek." I just don't know if it's possible to be a little bit more unique - just like it's not possible to be a little bit more pregnant, if you get my meaning. So I dare you to be COMPLETELY unique, and I will try to be the same. Well, not the same as you because then we wouldn't be UNIQUE. But you get what I mean, don't you, Howard???
    But I think you're on the right track - we should celebrate our uniqueness. Who wants to be like everyone else? Or like ANYONE else? You're awesome just because you're who you are and there's no one in the world like you. Yay!

    ReplyDelete